Thursday, July 12, 2007

In my dreams...and then I woke up

My first dream in London!! I was wondering when it would happen, then sure enough. It was glorious. Mind you I have never been to London ever in my life. I've seen pictures as everyone has, I suppose.

It was a short dream between 7:30am-9:30am. My damn alarm woke me up from it. Don't you hate it when you have your alarm from the day before and you forget to turn it off or change it and you end up waking up before you really need to? I love sleep. I love dreams.

The people in my dream had a British accent, fun. Wait, now I feel like I had a continued dream. You know the kind where you wake up from the dream then go back to sleep to find yourself back in the same dream where you left off. Ever had one of those? I love those, when they are not nightmares.

I got woken up by a phone call on my cel. I didn't recognize the number so I didn't pick it up. I was curious who called so I waited for a message. That was around 7:30am. And guess who it was: some bloke calling from Sir John Cass Hall, the residence hall (dorm) I applied to in Hackney. He wanted to talk to me about what I'm getting myself into by living in the hall. I'm not used to hearing British accents so it was a treat to hear. He was trying to leave a number for me to call but kept on messing it up. I was thinking about calling right back but instead I went back to sleep. I'll call early tomorrow morning if I can decipher the number he left me. I might have to go to the website to get the number.

Okay so back to my lovely dream. I remember driving in one of those small European cars with either 3 dudes or one female and 2 dudes not sure. Things get fuzzy the longer I'm awake. But the steering wheel was not on the right side and we were driving on the right side of the road so I got quite a bit wrong in my dream. Sue me; I haven't been there yet so I don't really know what it's like. Well my dream places aren't even close to the real places no matter how well I know a place. I think I just got picked up from the airport and we were on a mission as I often am in my dreams. There was one guy who was hanging out the window most of the time who I think I was flirting with. We drove past this checkpoint where I had to show my passport and the agent ended up getting in the car and showing us his gun, you know just for fun. We ended up picking up this little girl who just lost her family and Dakota Fanning (how she looked like when she did 'Taken', the TV series in 2002) we went the beach or some pool, I dunno. Did we go to the Thames? I'm not sure, again its all getting fuzzy.

What does it all mean? I have no idea. I'm no good at interpreting my dreams. I'm just stoked that I visited my own personal, weird, convoluted London in my sleep.

No comments: