Thursday, August 2, 2007

Catching Up

Since I last posted I went to go visit my study abroad advisor at SFSU to ask her about what documents I should include with my visa and if I can send everything in the mail instead of going to the British Consulate General, Los Angeles in person. She said all the documents I have are fine and that it's really not a big deal to send it in the mail even if I checked the box online that I would be doing it in person. Nice. So I sent the darn thing out. I couldn't find the 9 x 12 manila envelope I knew I had so I bought one of those cardboard mailers for photos at Albertsons. I included a $12 money order so the consulate can FedEx my passport with my visa stamp in it back to me. What a big relief. I tell you.

I'm looking into getting a temporary job for the brief remainder of my time in San Francisco. Options I'm considering: Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Starbucks, & temp. jobs listed on Craig’s List. No biters yet, just resumes and applications sent.

I've been keeping busy, somewhat.

I went with Zully last Friday to Trader Joes at Fisherman’s Warf. Zully and I went to a Job Fair the Wednesday before and found out that they had 4 positions opening really soon at that location. Boy was that I long bus ride. How long did that take, like an hour and a half. I don't think I want to commute all the way up there. Then we went to Whole Foods. Why the heck not since we are up north in the city. Turns out the best way to apply for Whole Foods is online. I wondering to myself if I can start working in S.F then transfer to the location in London. Can I do that? I dunno. After Whole Foods Zully and I went to Coit tower to enjoy the view and have a picnic with the food we got at Trader Joe's. My friend Nick from State picked up Zully and I up from Coit tower.
Here is a photo of a couple of riders from what I imagine would be another Critical Mass ride I saw while on Lombard street.

Nick took us to Palace of Fine Arts in the Presido for the International Poetry Festival. It was free so all the better!! I didn't think that I was going to but I really liked it. They had poets from all over the world reading a selection of their work in their native language with the English translation projected behind them. I'm really glad I went. Believe it or not that wasn't the end of my day. All three of us, Zully, Nick and I met up with some people I know from Couch Surfing for some drinks and dancing. The DJ was playing the usual Hip Hop that I'm not very fond of. I really wanted him to play "Groove's in the Heart" from DeeLite. I even requested it and he never played it. That seriously sucks. I can't believe I'm still sore about him not playing that song.

On Saturday I went to a soccer game with San Francisco’s own team California Victory at Kedzar stadium in Golden Gate Park. Let's just say there was no victory for Cali Victory and it was super cold. The fog rolled in crazy thick. The concessions ran out of coffee and hot cocoa. I paid $5 for a slice of cheese pizza there. Good times still. The SF European meet up is a fun group. Why is it that there were so many Germans that made it out that night? Should I learn German?

Sunday I went to Sterns Grove for a free concert. It was great. Its a good venue and who can beat it being free!! There was singer and group from Haiti and Belize. I love listening to world music especially outdoors.

Yesterday I went to the SF Zoo. I meet up with Woolee from Couchsurfing. I have a cute picture to show for it. It was crazy crowded. I think every summer camp group in the city was there. There were so many kids. Each group had there own t-shirt that all the kids were wearing. After that I went to Dutch Windmill in Golden Gate Park near Ocean Beach to visit my friend Mark. Sure enough he was there playing a bit of percussion with Don and Hot Tub who play jazz there weekly.

And today I paid my rent for the last time. I'm going to moving out come September. I can't believe its already August. Pretty soon I going to be in London. I found out about this festival called Robodock in Amsterdam, happening from Sept 19-22. Since I'm going to be in London at that time I decided to check if I can volunteer for the event. I filled out an application online and sent in a copy of my passport in the mail today. Robodock requested that volunteers send a copy of their ID for insurance purposes. It was fun to go to the post office and send out a envelope to Amsterdam, just 90 cents. I'm a little nervous about going to Amsterdam. I never been there and I don't speak the language there, but I'll figure something out, I guess.

Anyways that's it. Oh wait, no. Also I started to clear out my room. I cleaned up the usual mess I have and started to go through my stuff to see what I'm going to keep, pack up, and get rid of. My landlady told me she was going to start showing my room to prospective renters this month so I got to keep this tidy.

No comments: